A One Way Voyage........

I live life not the way I want it. I live life the way I decided. Decisions never always reflect what you want. Whether it's a mistake or not, it is the way God wanted it to be. Not known for now, but there is a reason, for I have died once, yet lived again. Be it fraught with upsets, at the end of the road, for as long as I can say "I have not harmed a soul", then it withstood the waves and the journey was perfect.-Falcon116

Thursday, July 10

3RD PARK: WET N' WILD

Same pick up spot. different day.

Wet N' Wild Gate-just look at lil' miss pink. She has a future in modeling talaga.










Yes, it's winter. Yet, the kids did not seem to mind the chilly water in Wet N' Wild. I would have loved going on the rides in this park too, but I backed out the moment I dipped my toes in the water. I was told their pools are heated. HEATED my BFA! It was freezing. I wondered what it's like without the heater? Must be ice skating rinks-everywhere!







Well, the kids enjoyed it. Their excitement seemed to have warded off the possibility of hypothermia. By golly, I realised, I am no longer a kid. I would have jumped into these pools irrespective of the temperature if I was still in my early teens. But at this point of time, if I did, I would also be blogging about what it's like in the Gold Coast Hospital.



Ay oo nga pala...look at Daddy Ed's outfit naman??? Amongst the males with us, he's probably the only one who is unwittingly fashion conscious and was uncharitably adventurous with what he's wearing. Watch out for his all weather all leather attire in Melbourne...


Tindi ni Daddy Ed, parang mayamang sugar daddy papuntang scuba diving!






Kain/Tulog/Pasyal/Shopping/Kain. Sarap ng buhay!

The water slides were enormous. They looked so endearing, but I gladly said no to the temptations. The first ride I would have wanted to be on was the 'CYCLONE'. The kids did not mind if they had to carry the huge heavy raft all the way to the top through a steep stairways. It looked like they see the top of the stairs as their nirvana. All the huffing and puffing are compensated with the adrenalin flow the moment you slide(with the raft) through the first slope inside a tube, then cascade through a giant funnel-like watercourse and gets dumped to the pool through another chute. The kids climbed up these stairs so many times with the big heavy raft just to experience the thrill over and over until maybe their legs started saying, "there are other rides where I don't have to stretch my muscles dude!!!"



Cyclone

Then there's the 'MAMMOTH' which was like the Empire State Building of Wet n Wild. It's big, it's high, it looks so intimidating. Clara went on this one (for whatever reason-maybe promised by her husband that he'll buy her a signature bag-I don't know), took on the challenge, hopped into the raft, confronted her fears, then heard a woman before them screaming as their raft lounged down! That did it. She bounced back out of their raft-while it was already moving and therefore strained her ankle. On top of that, she got told off by the life guard never to jump back out while the raft is moving. DUH! Well, she still ended up buying a lot of signature bags.
The Mammoth


The wave pool looked so calming. It gives out that ambiance of being on
a beach. Oh, we're having one very soon here in the Darwin Wharf. Looking forward to that. Anyway, the kids enjoyed this too, but having been exposed to the cold winds on this wide open area, felt cold after a while. So they went to the little thermal pools and allowed their body temperatures to aspire once again, ready for the next ride.
Wave Pool




Thermal Whirlpool Baths

Too cold for me. I had flu, I was crook, I did not want to spoil the rest of my holiday. so I gave this park a miss. The first time we went to the Gold Coast, I also gave this park a miss. I thought this time, I will have fun and make the most of the rides. Unfortunately it was just too cold for me. I'm just probably not meant for water. I'm meant for the wind to take.


1:30PM, we left the Aralars and the Catuncans in Wet N Wild and headed off shopping to Harbour Town, a huge factory outlet with all the big names. Tommy Hilfiger, Oroton, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Sintra, Nike, Converse, etc etc. You name it, if it's got a name, they've got it. And the fact that they are DFOs, the prices are unbelievably cheap. I was not able to take much photos in Harbour Town. How do you expect a child to listen to the mum when she sees barbies on her left, then all of a sudden she sees Cabbage Patch dolls on her right and then sees Disney Princesses up ahead? It was pretty much the same feeling for me. I saw GUESS to my right, saw PLAYBOY to my left and up ahead are the big wigs, such as Ralph Lauren/CK and David Jones. Holy Kalabangga! Who would have thought about pictures???

I got one photo though...as we were leaving (night time)...we went past this fruit stand that's incredibly cheap cheap cheap as hell!!! I don't get excited with fruits, no matter how cheap they are. So I had this "@#$%*!?" in my brains all of a sudden...PHOTOS?! OMG PHOTOS!!!

Of course by that time, it was too late.

1 comment:

mama necklace wholesale usa said...

Too cold for me. I had flu, I was crook, I did not want to spoil the rest of my holiday. so I gave this park a miss. The first time we went to the Gold Coast, I also gave this park a miss. I thought this time, I will have fun and make the most of the rides. Unfortunately it was just too cold for me. I'm just probably not meant for water. I'm meant for the wind to take.gold necklace chile , gold necklace germany ,