A One Way Voyage........

I live life not the way I want it. I live life the way I decided. Decisions never always reflect what you want. Whether it's a mistake or not, it is the way God wanted it to be. Not known for now, but there is a reason, for I have died once, yet lived again. Be it fraught with upsets, at the end of the road, for as long as I can say "I have not harmed a soul", then it withstood the waves and the journey was perfect.-Falcon116

Friday, March 27

MORE BOOKS FOR THE WEEKEND

Another glorious day done and gone. Another week completed. Three books read and two to go for the weekend. This week was a quiet one. I spent more time reading than anything else other than working.

So far, I could say only 'THE KITE RUNNER' was worth talking about. The other two I've read wasn't as interesting. James Patterson's Double Cross was ok. However, my reading of the book was more of a thrill induced rather than a curiousity ilicited fixation . There wasn't much of a substance to it. Unlike The Kite Runner, you learn about another culture, place and dogmas. Usually, when it's thrill induced, you sort of know the ending even when you're still in the middle of the book.
The view right now from our bedroom window
Yearning for a more daedal anthology (probably due to my inability to withdraw totally from Twilight), I rang my sister for more book recommendations, and she said '...find Kabul Beauty School and A thousand Splendid Suns'. So off I went and got the two books at $24.99 each.
I got told by the sales lady that she's seen the documentary of the Kabul Beauty School and she said it's awesome...So I've decided to read Kabul Beauty School first.
I can feel a migraine looming over the weekend, so I'm hoping I can get through before I get totally debilitated by the resounding-throbbing pain and sensitivity to light and sound. Yes, I'm one of 'em unlucky ones...
Anyway, I hope you all have a fun weekend. Enjoy and be safe.

1 comment:

shnaggy said...

grabeha nimo mo basa oie...
maka luto pa ba ka ana? laba, limpyo, plantsa? o basi mura nakag si charlie, pizza nalang pirmi.

anyway, naa pa koy isa e recommend: the white tiger.