A One Way Voyage........

I live life not the way I want it. I live life the way I decided. Decisions never always reflect what you want. Whether it's a mistake or not, it is the way God wanted it to be. Not known for now, but there is a reason, for I have died once, yet lived again. Be it fraught with upsets, at the end of the road, for as long as I can say "I have not harmed a soul", then it withstood the waves and the journey was perfect.-Falcon116

Saturday, June 7

BAKASYON/HOLIDAY/VACATION/VACACIONES

Often times, we think of 'HOLIDAYS' as treats and luxury afforded only by a few who are financially well endowed. Here in Australia, it is not the case. It's mandatory that employers provide at least 4 weeks (depending on how generous the company you're working for is) of holiday pays to permanent employees every year. I get 6.


Why it's mandatory? Because people would go bruhaha if they don't. Life here is so stultifying, you'd think everyday is yesterday. We wake up, go to work, come back home, cook, eat dinner, sleep, wake up, go to work, come back home, cook, eat dinner, sleep, wake up.....


That is the reason we need to go on holidays and go camping, etc. That is our government's way of looking after our physical and mental well beings.


In a way, I do consider it as a luxury because a lot of people around the world go without food for days end, let alone 'holidays' that we so covet for. So yes, it is luxury. I never stop being thankful for these mandates that we call necessities here in Australia, such as the 6 weeks holiday entitlements from work. Since when was holiday a cure for stress? And who said if you don't go on holiday for several weeks every year, you'll go insane?


No one really. The fact is, every hard worker earning meager dollars/pesos/lira/yen... feels this need, but not all are given this benefit and opportunity.


These past few weeks, we've worried so much on whether the accommodation we have booked is comfortable enough, whether it's got washing machine/dryer and sited concerns about how many bathrooms there are in each apartment, if the transportation we have chartered is going to be comfortable and efficient enough, whether our clothings will be comfortable enough for the winter winds in Melbourne, whether our beanies are going to insulate our heads enough not to get colds.


Sad to say I allowed my self to hanker for so much 'COMFORTS' on this impending holiday of ours, but totally disregarded and forgotten the unfortunates. I am usually someone who is socially aware and sensitive, but for the last few months, I have been pretty much the catalyst, planner and organiser of this trip that our friends and my family are about to embark. I've never allowed my self to think of the social woes.



Now that we're about to go, I've just suddenly thought of how lucky I am and how blessed my family is for having a choice. A choice of where to go, how to go, where to stay, what transportation to take, what clothes to wear and which luggage to take. All the frivolous glories that the ' LAND DOWN UNDER' has to offer.



Sometimes, I can't help but feel bad that I have so much, and yet kids from around world, such as these heartbreaking photos, can't even have the very basic necessities in life, such as water, to survive. Yet, we put so much emphasis on hotel specifications. Some sort of a conscience attack, I suppose.

It might be pre-holiday jitters, could be the stress after months of planning. Who knows? Point is, I am blessed. I am thankful. I just pray to God that this journey will be nothing but fun and may the good Lord take care of us all.

Hoping for a safe trip...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hava safe trip and fun of course!!!

bing